Our Founding and Why
We're proud to be fishing's first casual fishy footwear-only brand and a fishing lifestyle apparel "new category pioneer" through our founding in 2021.
There is magic in intersections...a bit like how various currents intersect to provide anglers just the right holding lie to target.
In early 2021, I found such magic through my intersections of passions for fly fishing, business, product design, making things for others to enjoy...and yes...the expressive fun of footwear.
This intersection lead me to found Catchflo, and through an amazing partnership with designer Stewart Forrest, bring our vision and products to life and launch Catchflo in May 2021. Read about our full founding story.
Why does Catchflo exist? Well, anglers also have tons of amazing technical footwear to choose from, but we saw a big gap in the market for fun casual fishy footwear that allows anglers to express their passion off the water.
So, here we are and we hope you dig, and if you want to get a deeper feel for our story, brand and my background, check out our podcast episode below with Marvin Cash from the The Articulate Fly 🤙
-- Dan Moyers, Catchflo Founder & CEO
To us, the notion of brand comes from the whole of how you experience your relationship with us and our products. It's not about fancy words we come up with, it's about actions and feelings, and most importantly, the experiences you have with our company and products.
To give you a sense of our focus though, we're a fishy lifestyle footwear-only brand that is about providing you with creative fun products that let you express your fishing passion off the water.
You'll find us to be real, accessible, transparent, a bit quirky and unpredictable, creative, inclusive, fly fishing constantly, and celebrating the journey of working to build a successful small company making cool footwear that we hope you dig.
We're on a mission to help all anglers express their passion off the water everyday everywhere through the fun of fishy casual footwear.
We also think it's important for businesses to give back. We do this through our Catchflo Gives Back program in which we donate 2% of our sales to fishing connected causes Casting for Recovery and The Mayfly Project. That's right, 2% of your purchase goes to these important organizations!
Five (5) core values guide us in building and running Catchflo every day.
- Always Focus on You
- We exist to help our customers express their passion off the water and so you are always what matters most to us.
- Deliver Creative Expressive Fun
- We're all (and only) about creating footwear products that allow you to express your angling passion off the water through a wide range of fun highly personal styles and creative designs.
- Be Inclusive and Real
- We seek to make footwear that appeals to all anglers and believe fishing should be an inclusive sport and industry. We're also anglers and real people just like you and operate that way in how we design, share, market, sell, and communicate.
- Give Back
- Our Catchflo Gives Back program has been a part of Catchflo since "day 1" and reflects our view that businesses should give back.
- Emphasize Sustainability
- Our made-to-order model eliminates waste, all of our footwear materials are ethically sourced, and our packaging is environmentally friendly. Our shipping is also carbon neutral as we offset our carbon footprint by donating a portion of each sale to Shopify's Sustainability Fund.
As a young brand our core team is small but mighty with deep angling passion, high hustle, and creativity and commitment in what we make and how we serve our customers . We also have an awesome extended team supporting Catchflo with nearly 40 FLORiginal Collective brand ambassadors and 6 retail sales reps and so as a whole we're 50 people strong and growing!
Catchflo Founder & CEO
Dan leads and manages all aspects of Catchflo including product development, distribution, marketing, support, and operations.
Business Development Manager
Cody manages our various programs such as FLOGroups and FLOPros and our Retailer Dealer program and sales for the Rocky Mountain region.
Catchflo Lead Designer
Luke Todd of LT Designs makes the Catchflo visual magic that brings many of our products to life with eye catching and truly unique designs.
We're Growing | Come Join our Team
If you've worked for (or always wanted to work with) a young startup brand in fishing we'd love to talk to you. We have several opportunities to become part of the team all of which are flexible work from anywhere roles.
As a startup brand pioneering the fishy casual footwear category, we're seeking high hustle, creative, and entrepreneurial folks who enjoy being in on the ground floor and who exude infectious passion in their work.
Retail Sales Rep(s) for the East and West RegionsWe're seeking retail sales reps to cover our East and West regions. In this role you'll bring our Retail Dealer program to fly and sport fishing shops, general outdoor retail shops, and boutique/gift/mercantile retailers in fishy markets throughout your regional territory.
- TO APPLY please email Catchflo Founder & CEO Dan Moyers firstname.lastname@example.org
FLOSquad User Generated Content (UGC) CreatorFLOSquad is our UGC program in which we enlist fishy folks (aka FLOSquad members) who create authentic high viral potential videos and photo posts featuring our footwear products in real-world settings for use on our Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and YouTube social channels.
- Here's how the program works (and please note that our program is performance-based compensation only -- see details below):
- FIRST, reach out to Founder & CEO Dan Moyers via Instagram DM and share why and how you're drawn to our brand and include (or point us to) some of your creative photo and/or video work. Dan will then review and will book time with you to touchbase if Catchflo thinks you're a good fit for the program.
- THEN, we'll handpick one (1) product to send to you for use in your content creation(s) > you create content and send to us for review and approval. Once approved, we'll utilize your content on our social channels and will include a unique promo code tied to you when we use your content that folks can use to save 10% AND the code ties the sale to you and provides you with 5% commission for any sale any time in which your unique code is used.
- Your ability to earn uncapped 5% commission on any sale using your code is how we implement our program as a performance-based compensation model. Your commissions accrue real-time as sales occur, you can access your earnings and transaction information online through your dashboard, and you can request to "cash out" your accrued commissions anytime.
Thoughtful Manufacturing and Sustainable Materials
Our footwear products are handmade on-demand from only ethically sourced materials. Key materials suppliers provide ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX© certified ink and STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX© certified material as well as certifications from SGS Printing. All of our packaging is FSC and made from 100% recycled materials.