Our Founding and Why
We're proud to be the world's first and leading fly fishing themed casual footwear brand and a "new category creator" through our founding in 2021.
There is magic in intersections...a bit like how various currents intersect to provide fly anglers just the right holding lie to target.
In early 2021, I found such magic through my intersections of passions for fly fishing, business, product design, making things for others to enjoy...and yes...the expressive fun of footwear.
This intersection lead me to found Catchflo, and through an amazing partnership with designer Stewart Forrest, bring our vision and products to life and launch Catchflo in May 2021. Read about our full founding story.
Why does Catchflo exist? Well, fly fishing is incredibly fun but sometimes can be a bit too serious. Anglers also have tons of amazing technical footwear to choose from, but we saw a big gap in the market for fun casual footwear that allows fly anglers to express their passion off the water.
So, here we are and we hope you dig 🤙
-- Dan Moyers, Catchflo Founder & Owner
To us, the notion of brand comes from the whole of how you experience your relationship with us and our products. It's not about fancy words we come up with, it's about actions and feelings, and most importantly, the experiences you have with our company and products.
To give you a sense of our focus though, we're a fly fishing lifestyle footwear brand that is about providing you with creative fun products that let you express your passion off the water. You'll find us to be real, accessible, transparent, a bit quirky and unpredictable, creative, inclusive, fly fishing constantly, and celebrating the journey of working to build a successful small company making cool footwear that we hope you dig 🤙
We're on a mission to help all fly anglers express their passion off the water everyday | everywhere through the fun of fly fishing themed casual footwear.
We also think it's important for businesses to give back. We do this through our Catchflo Gives Back program in which we donate 2% of our sales to fly fishing connected causes Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery. That's right, 2% of your purchase goes to these important organizations!
Five (5) core values guide us in building and running Catchflo every day.
- Always Focus on You
- We exist to help our customers express their passion off the water and so you (our customers) is always what matters most to us.
- Deliver Creative Expressive Fun
- From our artist crafted designs, to our monthly Drop themes, and our wide range of colors and styles, it's about creating products that allow you to express your passion off the water in a fun way.
- Be Inclusive and Real
- We seek to make footwear that appeals to all fly anglers and believe fly fishing should be an inclusive sport and industry. We're also real people just like you and seek to be just that in how we design, share, market, sell, communicate and support.
- Give Back
- Our Catchflo Gives Back program has been a part of Catchflo since "day 1" and reflects our view that businesses should give back.
- Emphasize Sustainability
- All of our footwear materials are ethically sourced, our manufacturing processes and packaging are environmentally friendly, and our made to order/no inventory model reduces waste.
Founder Dan Moyers leads and manages all aspects of Catchflo including product development, distribution, marketing, support, and operations.
Catchflo Lead Designer
Catchflo + X Collab Program
Want to collaborate on visual design? We do!
We're always open to interesting designer and/or brand collaborators as we think product design is often 1 + 1 = 3. Please contact Dan directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-517-5990 to explore collaboration ideas.
Thoughtful Manufacturing and Sustainable Materials
Our footwear products are handmade on-demand from only ethically sourced materials. Key materials suppliers provide ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX© certified ink and STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX© certified material as well as certifications from SGS Printing. All of our packaging is FSC and made from 100% recycled materials.